Thursday 1 November 2012

Ramblings of a mad man!

So I have decided to do a post which doesn't have anything to do with a bracelet I have created. A post just because I feel like blogging... Lets see where I end up!

I think the thing I find most interesting about trollbeads, beyond their high level of craftsmanship and the tactileness of them all, is the fact that so many different people buy them and continue to buy them even after they have finished a bracelet. And even more intrestingly that as soon as you see someone wearing Trollbeads they are your friend, you feel you can trust them, and you have so so so much to talk about.

I wonder if this is where Lise Aagard thought she would be 36 years after creating the brand?

What is it about tiny pieces of glass and silver that draws so many people's attention and makes them do things they normally wouldn't do? (in my case buy jewellery that isn't cheap costume stuff off the high street that goes orange and makes your skin go green)

I think maybe it's the fact that the closer you look at a bead the more you notice about it, the more detail you see and the less of the outside world worries you. Or maybe it's because you get them for special occasions so they mean something to you?

Anyhow, I feel I should stop rambling before you fall asleep! feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts and I shall see you tomorrow for the CHRISTMAS BEADS!!!!

Xx

1 comment:

  1. I thought about this post a lot over the last few days whilst I was away from home and found myself looking at the bracelet I was wearing.

    I think for me the endurance factor overall is going to be the "art" element of the beads, as that is what I was mostly admiring, how beautiful they were and the quality/detailing for want of better words. I like nice jewellery, and for me trollbeads have ended up being my most expensive jewellery (apart from one ring I have that that has been passed on from my aunt)

    My bracelet this week wasn't one where I had a lot of "special" beads on, those that do have a deep significant or sentimental meaning for me which might have been framing my thoughts.

    However I did have my green dillo on this bracelet - the one you featured in a blog post and that made me smile because that's the bead that prompted me to DM you on twitter when I was researching the background to a blog post I wrote. Which led me to think of this post and it all came full circle!

    Even were I to never buy another trollbead in my life, I would still cherish those I have because I love the jewellery. There's a lot of talent in those designs and I feel they will endure as they already have.

    Happy Blogging!
    Mars x

    ReplyDelete